Are you new to Edmonton and wondering how to find a dentist in your area? Finding the right dentist can be tricky. Our dentists at Azarko Dental Group are happy to offer advice to help you make this important choice.
What to Look for in a Dentist
When it comes to choosing a dentist, there are several factors you might want to keep in mind to make sure you make the right decision for you and your family, from the location of the dentist's office to the services they provide, whether treatment options are a good fit for you and more. In this post, we'll help answer the question, "How do you find a dentist?"
Research Prospective Dentists
Since your reading this article, we'll assume you're likely in the process of researching local dentists right now. When it comes to learning how to find a dentist in your area, there are some resources to consult that you might not have considered right away. You may want to try these options:
- Speak with friends and family who live nearby; which dentists do they see? What are their thoughts on their dentist?
- Contact your provincial or local dental society for a list of dentists in your area.
- Once you've narrowed down a few options, read Google reviews for each before choosing a dentist.
Visit a Few Dental Offices
The criteria above can help you eliminate some from the list. For the remaining offices, feel free to visit them. This will give you the chance to meet staff, become familiar with the office environment and decide whether they are a good fit for your family.
Our dentists at Azarko Dental Group are happy to welcome potential new patients and take the opportunity to introduce them to our office. We invite you to give us a call to let us know you'd like to drop by, and we'll be glad to give you a tour.
Consider Location & Scheduling
To maintain your ideal oral health, we recommend you see your dentist every six months or so for a professional checkup and cleaning. This is why your new dental office's office hours, location and communication style is so important.
Ask yourself these questions when considering a dental office:
- Do this dental office's hours match with my schedule?
- Is the office near my home, and easily accessible?
- How are aspects such as appointment scheduling, reminders and cancellations handled?
- Does this dentist's office accept my insurance?
Consider Experience & Special Interests while choosing a dentist
Are you or a member of your family experiencing a specific dental issue? You might want to choose a dentist with an interest in that area.
At Azarko Dental Group in Edmonton, Dr. Andreas Azarko is a general dentist who practices general dentistry using laser treatments and micro-air abrasion techniques. Many of our dentists have diversified interests in general dentistry and can perform a wide range of dental procedures.
Evaluate After the First Appointment
Once you've chosen a dental office that you expect will be a good fit for you and your family, schedule and attend an initial appointment. Afterwards, ask yourself:
- Was the practice clean, comfortable and well-organized?
- Were the dentists and dental team easy to talk to and friendly? Were they able to answer your questions, and provide the information you needed about availability, appointments and fees?
- Did they address at-home preventive dental care, such as proper brushing and flossing techniques?
- Did they explain your treatment options and plan in a way you could easily understand? Were you questions and concerns about your oral health addressed to your satisfaction?
If your answers to these questions are 'yes', this dentist might be a good fit.
Welcoming New Patients in Edmonton
Our dental team is always happy to welcome new patients to our dental office in Edmonton. If you are looking for a new dentist in the area, we hope you will consider us!