Oral dental examinations are a critical component toward dental and overall health – and they can only be performed by a dentist. Even if you brush and
floss regularly, you need to have your teeth examined for signs of gum disease, cavities, etc. Examinations are quick and painless. Typically, they
involve your dentist looking inside your mouth and possibly performing tests.
According to the Canadian Dental Association, an annual examination can improve your overall health, because only dentists are trained to look for early signs of problems in the mouth.
What Your Dental Examinations May Uncover
Whether you go each year, twice a year or you have not been to the dentist in some time, there are certain things your dental professional will be on the lookout for. These things include:
- Damaged or missing teeth
- Tooth decay
- Early signs of cavities
- The overall condition of your gums
- Checking on previous dental work
- Looking for early signs of mouth or throat cancer
- Inspecting your bite and spacing
- Looking for growths or cysts
- Looking for signs that you may clench or grind your teeth at night
- Checking on the overall health and function of your temporomandibular joint
- Looking for signs of bleeding in the gums, inflammation and other symptoms of gum disease
- Inspecting the general condition of your bones in the face, jaw and inside the mouth
Examinations are quick (under one hour). During the visit, your dentist in Edmonton will perform a visual inspection. They will also get to know your dental and overall medical history, and they may inquire about medications (prescription and over the counter) that you are taking. Depending on how long it has been, your dentist may also perform x-rays, which can show problems under existing fillings, crowns, find impacted wisdom teeth and even show early signs of decay under the gum line.
Visit Our Edmonton Dental Clinic for Your Oral Examination
You should have your teeth checked at least once a year (preferably twice a year) for any issues. Azarko Dental Group offers thorough oral examinations that include x-rays and cancer screenings.
Visit our Edmonton dental clinic location today for your examination appointment. Schedule your consultation or appointment using our convenient online booking program or give us a call today.
|Azarko Dental West 14938 Stony Plain Rd.
Edmonton, AB T5P 3X8
N.E. Corner of 150 St. & Stony Plain Rd.