After spending your time and money on professional teeth whitening in Edmonton, you want to do what you can to get the most from that investment. After all, the last thing you want is to look into the mirror and see discolouration all over again. Luckily, there are things you can do immediately after leaving the dental office that will continue to keep your smile bright.
Tips for Keeping Your Smile Bright and Confident
Whether you whitened your teeth this morning or last week, here are a few things you need to do to keep them bright and white:
- Take Care of them Daily - You should be brushing and flossing your teeth daily not only to keep your mouth clean, but also to remove food particles that stain your teeth. Use a fluoride-based toothpaste to help strengthen your tooth enamel as well.
- Avoid Stain Causing Foods and Drinks - There are some foods and drinks that can stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, red wine, berries and tomato sauce. Avoid a large intake of these foods or rinse immediately after eating/drinking them.
- Smoking - If you can work towards it, quit smoking, as soon as you can. Tobacco will quickly yellow your teeth and cause them to be discoloured, even if they were professionally whitened.
- Use a Straw - If you are frequently drinking stain-causing beverages, keep the dyes away from your teeth by using a straw.
- Chew Gum - Gum can produce saliva, which helps keep your teeth clean.
- Use Whitening Toothpaste - You may need to wait a few days after whitening before using whitening toothpaste, especially if you have some degree of tooth sensitivity. These toothpastes often contain micro-particles that scrub away dyes and stains, thus keeping your teeth whiter, longer.
Most importantly, do not forget to visit your dentist in Edmonton for regular checkups and cleanings. A dentist can help polish away surface stains as they clean your teeth to fight discolouration.
Azarko Dental Group’s Edmonton dental clinic are accepting new patients. Come in today for a professional cleaning or whitening appointment. Schedule your appointment using our convenient online booking program or call us.