Hockey has been a part of Canadians’ identities, passions, and pastimes for generations. The Edmonton Oilers have played a big role in making our city
famous. Whether you are a die-hard Oilers supporter, general sports lover, or hockey fanatic, there is no denying the impact hockey has had in Edmonton
and across the country. Today we want to take a break from our favourite topic – your teeth and dental healthcare - to look back at the jerseys that
have made our team iconic throughout the years.
Looking Back and Looking Forward: Edmonton Oilers Jerseys
Take a walk back through the team’s history by looking back at some of their most influential jerseys. Check out this database for more images of the jerseys and an in-depth history, or to see your other favourite team jerseys.
- Original Style – The original jersey was around from 1979-1980 and brought us the classic colours of orange, white and blue that have become synonymous with the Oilers.
- Gretzky Branding – The next major change occurred from 1981-94, when the number and neck trim was redesigned. Special considerations were made for Wayne Gretzky, who led the team and the league, becoming the face of the game. Sponsors placed their branding on the left side of the jersey since the superstar liked to tuck the right side of his jersey in his pants.
- Changing Colours – From 1996-2008 the team changes their official colours to midnight blue, red and bronze.
- Alternate Jerseys– In 2001, the Oilers introduced a silver, blue and white jersey with a new crest. Featuring five rivets for each of the Stanley Cups the team won, the jersey was reserved for special home games.
- Today – Returning to the original jerseys from their World Hockey Association days, the Oilers reprised the blue, orange and white jerseys with vintage styling in 2015. The classic orange jersey was reintroduced when young star and first round pick, Connor McDavid, was drafted to the team.
Protect Your Teeth On and Off the Ice
Looking good on and off the ice doesn’t just come down to the jersey on your back; having a great smile is one of the first things people notice when they meet you. Protect your teeth on the ice with a custom mouth guard from Azarko Dental Group that will keep your teeth and jaw safe from heavy hits.
Get a Custom Mouth Guard from Your Dentist in Edmonton
If you are living in the Edmonton area and play hockey or other contact sports, Azarko Dental Group is conveniently located. We are currently accepting new patients. Our years of experience and fast, friendly service make us a leading dental clinic in West Edmonton.
Protect and maintain your smile at our Edmonton dental clinic. Schedule your appointment to learn more about custom mouth guards. Use our online booking program or call us.
|Azarko Dental West 14938 Stony Plain Rd.
Edmonton, AB T5P 3X8
N.E. Corner of 150 St. & Stony Plain Rd.